Andrew L. O'Connor
Born Alexandria, Virginia, April 9, 1975; admitted to bar, 2000, New York and New Jersey.
Mr. O'Connor focuses his practice on business litigation, mass tort litigation, and personal injury. Mr. O'Connor is a graduate of Lafayette College and Seton Hall University School of Law.
Mr. O'Connor is also actively involved doing pro bono volunteer work for the NJSBA Military Legal Assistance Program, providing pro bono legal services for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mr. O'Connor was honored to be recently named by the National Trial Lawyers Association as one of the top 40 attorneys under the age of 40 for the year 2012.
In addition, Mr. O'Connor was honored to be named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, a distinction held by the top 2% of all attorneys in New Jersey under the age of 40.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Personal Injury
- New Jersey, 2000
- Federal District Court of New Jersey, 2000
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2000
- Lafayette College
- B.A. - 1997
- $135,000 for Skeet Injury, Belton v. Storms, New Jersey Law Journal, Dec. 29, 2006
- Franco v. Connecticut General Life Ins. Co., 818 F. Supp. 2d 792 (Federal District of New Jersey 2011)
- Worldscape, Inc. v. Sails Capital Management, 2011 WL 344218 (Federal District of New Jersey 2011)
- Nobel v. Porsche Cars of North America, 694 F. Supp. 2d 333 (Federal District of New Jersey 2010)
- Franco v. Connecticut General Life Ins. Co., 2010 WL 2680193 (Federal District of New Jersey 2010)
- Abrahams v. Hygrosol Pharmaceuticals Corp, 2009 WL 3055372 (Federal District of New Jersey 2009)
- ABS Associates, Ltd. v. Hartz Mountain Development Corp., 2006 WL 1519577 (New Jersey 2006)
- $4 million Settlement with construction company regarding improperly installed guard rail end treatment, which lead to the death of a passenger in an automobile.
- $2.9 million Settlement with limousine company, whose driver lost control on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- $2.25 Million Settlement with engineering firm regarding automobile crash
- $1.5 Medical malpractice settlement regarding a negligently performed hernia repair.
- $850,000 Products liability / defective drug settlement.
- $650,000 Settlement for pedestrian struck by automobile
- $600,000 Settlement against engineering firm who negligently designed roadway features, leading to severe auto accident.
- $400,000 Settlement for individual injured in an automobile accident
- $250,000 Products liability / defective drug settlement.
- $250,000 Settlement against owner of pit bull which bit minor child.
- $250,000 Settlement for passenger injured in private airplane crash
- $242,000 Settlement for a slip and fall
- $221,000 Products liability / defective drug settement
- $185,000 Products liability / defective drug settlement.
- $175,000 Settlement for a medical malpractice case
- $165,000 Product liability / defective drug settlement
- $150,000 Settlement for a slip and fall
- $150,000 Medical malpractice / sexual assault settlement against doctor and dermatology practice.
- $135,000 Settlement against homeowner whose skeet shooting machine unexpectedly discharged, injuring painter.
- $100,000 Products liability / defective drug settlement.
Honors and Awards
- Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, a Distinction held by the Top 2% of all Attorneys in New Jersey, 2007 - 2012
- Named a Top 40 Attorney Under 40 Years Old by the National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Work, NJSBA Military Legal Assistance Program